Read a good book lately and want to talk about it? Need suggestions on what to read next? Want to start a book club? Write your own literature? This is the place to be!

What are you currently reading?

Moderator: Ryvvi

What are you currently reading?

Postby Bassy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:53 pm

So there is a 'what song are you listening to' and I decided to create a 'what are you currently reading'

According to a poll, 28% percent of Americans have never read a book in the past year. Surveying 1,000 U.S. adults, for those who participated, only 41% had not read a fictional book in the past year, and only 42% had not read a nonfictional book. Huffington

Maybe it's the lack of reading skills people have acquired. Maybe they just find it plain boring. I remember Sam Puckett off of iCarly stating that it's basically just TV in your head. As for nonfiction, I can understand it because maybe it's just a boring documentary of someone you don't really find interest for. On the other hand, you could learn something quite interesting about that person.

What book are you currently reading? What about in the future? What are some of your favorite books?

As of now, I am reading The Great Gatsby and my next novel will probably Bass Up And Belly Ackwards

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:15 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: What are you currently reading?

Postby Diana » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:59 pm

The last book I finished was Snow Crash. I liked it a lot! A futuristic America where our main outputs are microcode, movies, and high speed pizza delivery B)

I'm not sure what I'll read next... depends on what's free on google books or whenever I get enough cash through google rewards to get something. haha.

Site Admin

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:15 am

Postby Bassy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:04 pm

One of my best friends love pizza as she keeps saying she creaves it all the time lol. I think my friend would love high speed pizza delivery all the time! lol.

My other best friend gave me a bunch of books and I have so many books to catch up on... I haven't really read much in the past year, just one novel. I need to get back to reading outside of high school where there was 20 minutes a day for reading/homework time.

Postby Polaris » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Currently reading Lord of the Flies for a summer assignment.
So far, it's going pretty good.

One of my most favorite books ever is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Ahh! I love the philosophy of the book and the imagery and metaphors in it. (Honestly, I've found myself reading a lot of philosophical-esque books lately)

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:15 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Bassy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:50 pm

I loved Lord of the Flies, well the plotline lol. I wished I actually read it instead of spot reading it because I was not a person to read on force.. but I want to actually read it.

Postby Watery Star » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:49 pm

I got a bunch of free ebooks that I'm combing through. Last night I read the short story Give Me Your Teeth: A Fae Tale. It was ok but pretty predictable. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I was 12.

Postby Bassy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:25 pm

ebooks are okay.. I prefer a physical copy because it's just there right in front of me. Though I do have Wattpad but I can never finish reading a story...

Postby Polaris » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Gotta finish up reading Macbeth, then onto my last and final book: The Picture of Dorian Gray

Blegh, summer reading = ~ =
But at least it'll be my last year, then off to college • 0 •

Postby Bassy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:10 pm

I remember a summer reading book I read about Oreos. It's called Slob - By Ellen Potter. About a kid who invents contraptions and such. I remember that he made a contraption to keep someone from taking his oreos. Though it's a novel for younger kids haha.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Currently rererererererereading the hunger games trilogy
And reading cursed child. Still on the first act tho
Albus is a bit of a butt

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby little sister » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:05 am

Currently I'm not reading, since I'm helping my friend write/ organize her outlines of a novel. Though I have plenty of books to catch up on; Sherlock, LoveCraft, Dracula, etc. to name a few. I also plan to reread to Harry Potter Series. :D

Postby Cloudy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:05 pm

rereading Tuesdays With Morie c':
ah, this book made me cry the first time and it's manage to make me cry again

Check these out!
VOCALOID Cosplay & Chat

Stay chill

Postby Diana » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:57 am

Last night I read Noah's Ark: Survivors by Harry Dale. I really liked his other series, The Dreamshifters.
This series relies a lot more on situational convenience, but it was still a fun read.

I really like the way that Dale distributes the books though. The first edition is usually free on google play and you can read it and get hooked (or not, if you don't like it) and then buy the rest of the series to find out what happens next. I hate when I buy a book and it's all around uninteresting and not good. I feel like I have wasted my money. :( But this way I can see what it's like before hand! Google play lets you read the first few chapters before purchase, which help a lot too.

Site Admin

Postby Mousy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:31 pm

I was in the middle of reading a book called "The Magicians" by Lev Grossman, but I realized it was e-checked out to me too late and it got e-checked back in while I was still reading it. Now, I'm on the waitlist again behind 12 other people to finish it. T_T

Sooo... i'm currently reading the "A Discovery of Witches" trilogy. Which I also realized too late that I had on my app. Here's hoping I finish it before times up! XD

Also, the Magicians is a TV show?? Where have I been T____T
*tries to furiously catch up on syfy*

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:15 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:45 pm

I love to read and I'm actually a fast reader. But when I read I get sucked in and devote all my time until I'm done. So right now I'm kinda trying to slow read two books I recently picked up at work.

The Book of Joan by Lidia Yuknavitch
Greed by L. Ron Hubbard

Next

Return to The Reading Nook