New here? Introduce yourself!

Shiny New Member

Moderator: Ryvvi

Shiny New Member

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:38 pm

Hiya, Aya here. I'm on Menewsha and Avaricia. I heard about this site from Gizzie & Watery Star and decided to join up. The avatars are so pretty *sparkly eyes* And the smilies are cute! :cheer:

I'm a data analyst, share an apartment with two cats and their human (aka my roommate), and drink Dr Pepper like water. 27, addicted to Asian music/entertainment, and a resident of northern Michigan. I like chatting, adore making avatars, and have a close relationship with my computer.

I'll be exploring and trying to get a hang of the site.
Links and advice are welcome!

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 11:19 am

Re: Shiny New Member

Postby Diana » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Hi!
Welcome to Windlyn!

As a data analyst, do you do programming, statistics, a mix of the two, or something else entirely?
By entertainment, do you mean games, shows, or everything in general? I've recently gotten into watching sumo wrestling tournaments with my family. It's awesome. :D

If you ever have any questions, there's some links to help documents in my signature. If you don't find what you are looking for there, feel free to PM a staff member (user with blue or purple name), or post in the help/support forum.

See you around Windlyn!

Site Admin

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 9:19 am

Postby Watery Star » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Welcome to Windlyn Aya! Glad you could make it.^^

Lemon has a dice game that you can win feathers(currency) http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1014

MonkeyGirl has a lotto (I keep forgetting about it ^^; ) http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1054

Maro has a Newbie Giveaway in this forum (Check the top of the this forum) but she's busy and might not get to you right away.

The Halloween Items Guide now hosts people looking for those items so go look at the list and post stating what you'd like. I have some extras I can give you but it helps to know what you like!
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1473

If you need help or have questions feel free to ask!

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi Diana, thank you!

No programming, mainly data processing, a little statistic work. Our company does a lot of different things; printing, subscription services, food service POS fulfillment, managing websites, etc. I work in the Customer Service and Data departments, been taking on some Circulation and Association Management work as well. So I work with Access, Excel, THINK, as well as programs and databases built by our IT dept.

Mainly Asian music, but I also enjoy watching Korean dramas and Japanese idol shows. I have to admit that I've never watched sumo wrestling. I do like watching the different Olympic teams from Asia play volleyball :heart:

Thank you! :grin_wink:

Postby Ryvvi » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:10 pm

Hey nice to meet you! :)
Im one of the mods~ as you can see with the blue name so feel free to message me if you need anything

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 3:19 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Thank you Ryvvi . Ohh the colors of your avatar are pretty.
You are a very nice looking pirate. Arrgh!

Hey Star! :cool: TY, I've already checked out the links~

Is it the same Maro from Ava? Or someone with the same name?

Ahhh so many pretty items *swoon*
I don't see any form, should I just pop in and loose leaf pop post what interests me?
I appreciate all the help! It's nice knowing one or two people, on top of meeting others.

Postby Watery Star » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Your welcome and yes same Maro ^-^

Just make a list of what you'd like.
Knowing someone from the site your joining does make it easier. I usually don't know anyone.

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Wow cool! (^ w^)

Okie dokie, will do *salutes*
I haven't taken a look at the shops yet either, I need to do that.

For reals, it's a nice feeling when you can jump in to talking with someone you know :heart:

Postby galled » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! What is THINK?

Any friends of Wateryand Gizzie are friends of ours! :)

Hope you enjoy it here. Everyone is very friendly! :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 9:19 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:02 pm

I'm actually not sure if it's an acronym or just a cool name. I'm still learning the ins and out of it :smile: We have one database for CSRs and certain types of work (CSPlus) and THINK is the database we use for circulation. So it retains and allows for the management of customers and their address/order details. I'm sure you can do a whole lot, I'm probably underselling lol

Well thank you, I'm happy to be here and looking forward to meeting new people!

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Watery Star wrote:Welcome to Windlyn Aya! Glad you could make it.^^

Lemon has a dice game that you can win feathers(currency) http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1014

MonkeyGirl has a lotto (I keep forgetting about it ^^; ) http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1054

Maro has a Newbie Giveaway in this forum (Check the top of the this forum) but she's busy and might not get to you right away.

The Halloween Items Guide now hosts people looking for those items so go look at the list and post stating what you'd like. I have some extras I can give you but it helps to know what you like!
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1473

If you need help or have questions feel free to ask!

Lemon also has one you post in daily and automatically get feathers, but I would have to hunt that link

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 8:19 am

:heart:COME VISIT MY PETS PLEASE :heart: http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/pets.php?userid=646ImageImageImage [img]http://i.imgur.com/p30InEq?r.gif[/img

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Thanks Gizziechan :cheeky:

I've noticed Windlyn has a few things in common with Mene.
Like being able to ping users and roll dice :3

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 8:19 am

Postby NerdyAliCat » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:00 pm

Hello! Welcome to Windlyn! I'm still getting the hang of things around here myself...
By any chance do you like/know any Vocaloids?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 12:19 am

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi AliCat! Thank you kindly for the warm welcome~

That's Hatsune Miku in your siggy :cheer: I'm familiar with a few vocaloids and some songs; Romeo & Cinderella, Luka Luka Night Fever, World Is Mine, Just Be Friends, Magnet, etc. I don't know enough to say that I'm a follower, definitely a fan of what I've heard though.

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon