A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Dodecahedron - Hangout

Moderator: Ryvvi

Dodecahedron - Hangout

Postby noisechannelrocker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:51 am

Finally got around to making a hangout here! First time I've really used this account even though I joined sometime last year (April I think?). Anyone can join! Feel free to stop by and hangout! I love making new friends. c:

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 5:48 pm

Re: Dodecahedron - Hangout

Postby noisechannelrocker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:11 am

heirofmoonfire

Let me know if this works!

Postby galled » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:33 am

Welcome back! You'll soon be celebrating your one year anniversary on Windlyn. ;)

I had to lookup Dodecahedron. Are you into geometry/mathematics?

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 9:48 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby noisechannelrocker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:35 am

galled

Thank you very much! That's very true! I can't wait to celebrate it. :D

Yes! I love shapes and am a fan of Quantum Mechanics. What about you?

Postby Diana » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:42 am

Welcome (back) to Windlyn!

Whenever I think of Dodecahedrons, I usually think of modular origami. :D

Do you study quantum mechanics, or work in the field?

Site Admin

Postby noisechannelrocker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:52 am

Diana

Not sure if I'm pinging correctly! If I'm not, please let me know.

Thank you so much for the welcome! I'm very glad to start participating here. Really want to be super active.

I just had a look at the modular origami's - I wish I was able to do origami. Those look awesome! Do you do origami?

I'm currently just studying Quantum Mechanics! It's very interesting.

Postby galled » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:55 am

I do love shapes, but afraid once shapes become more complex (more than 6 sides), my name recall starts to fail me. :(

I minored in physics. Quantum mechanics is fascinating, but it seems like they're re-writing the rules almost daily today. I was more drawn to planetary (astro) mechanics, but one day I hope we can have a universal theory/reconciliation that'll join the two. I think we will--then they'll disprove that one too! :)

Server Administrator

Postby noisechannelrocker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 am

galled

My apologies about the late response! I had to go eat.

I completely understand what you mean. There's some shapes I can never remember the name of either because the name is so unbelievably long or I can't keep up with the surface area.

I agree. I think that's one reason why the world continues to improve in those fields. Subjects are constantly challenged and proven wrong, then new components are added in and proves something else, which opens up another field for exploration.

Postby galled » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 am

No worries. Like everyone, we have real life to deal with. The beauty of forums are you can reply when you have a chance and everyone is happy! ;)

I recently read an essay where the author's gist was "throughout history humans have been wrong 100% of the time--with everything--and that 100 years from now, people will laugh at what we thought just as we laugh at those who thought the world was flat, etc.." I think he's right, but not we shouldn't look down on ourselves as truth, fact, and time are all relative. ;)

The most interesting tidbit to come out lately was Einstein was wrong (again! LOL), this time about gravity. I think that's an easy target, but nevertheless, very interesting stuff.

Server Administrator

Postby noisechannelrocker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:24 pm

galled
That's very true! Thank you for understanding.

I also believe that to be true. There's no way anyone is correct 100% of the time, and they are also historical findings that have been found recently, like the finding of an ancient king's corpse, which made them question things about the royal family and their lineage.

I feel within the next 200 years our descendants will think we were either misinformed or on the right track, but I think there's common ground there. I believe they'd understand, as the mysteries of life is yet to unravel, and the systems which we use are constantly updating. I don't think they would think we were grasping in the dark. Maybe just thirsty for knowledge.

That's interesting! I heard about that through Reddit not too long ago.

Postby Diana » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:24 pm

You are pinging correctly!
I hope you are super active as well. ;)

I like making origami and papercraft a lot, but I don't like storing origami things I have made. haha. I think it is very relaxing.

Are you a bachelors, masters, or highschool student or a life learner? Do/did you have a concentration under Quantum Mechanics?

Site Admin

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Are you talking bout King Richard's corpse or the Bruce corpse that they did a mock up in clay of what they thought he would look like ? Or something altogether different? I love watching the "secrets of the dead" series because of the history they unveil. Even when it is recorded, history still gets confused. I've always wondered - how do they know for sure when dinosaurs were? I understand the idea of mud settlement and all that stuff but what if it got uprooted or pushed down etc? And how do they know their carbon dating etc is really accurate?

Postby noisechannelrocker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:27 am

Diana
Thank goodness! I'm still learning how to work things correctly here, so if I mess up on something please let me know.
I personally would love to be able to do papercraft work, especially origami's. I can hardly make a paper airplane though. lol
-----
I'm a life learner, actually! I started studying it independently not too long ago. I study it on my free time but hope to one day be able to get a degree in the field.

-----
Lemon Cheesecake
I believe I am talking about King Richard! I could be wrong, though!
I've never heard of that series. Is there a place online that they host it?
I've wondered the same things! Usually anytime I post on Reddit I also get downvoted, so I feel your pain. I don't know why they won't take the time to respond, it could really help people out.

Postby Watery Star » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Good luck with your studies!
(My mind is drawing a blank on the current subject though I do find it interesting.) ^^;

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 11:48 am

Postby noisechannelrocker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Watery Star
Thank you!
That's perfectly fine! What type of things are you interested in? c: We can talk about those instead!

Next

Return to Hangouts