New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello there!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hello there!

Postby Madame Crow » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Hello there!
I came across this site while looking for other avatar forum sites.
I have to say, I really like the avatars here ^^
I enjoy art related activities and I am a bit shy, but I hope to get to know others!

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 1:26 am

Re: Hello there!

Postby Diana » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

I like art activities too! Do you like painting, sculpting, arts and crafts, or all of the above?
You just missed our item design contest! I'm sure there will be another one in the near future, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled. ;)

What kinds of things do you do for fun?
If you were only allowed to only eat one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

We have a really friendly community here, so I am sure you will be chatting in no time!
If you ever need any assistance, our staff is eager to help, just drop one of us a PM. :)

See you around Windlyn!

Site Admin

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:26 am

Postby galled » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

We have many art events. Perhaps you'll enter some ideas for items. The mods are very nice about accepting drawings so your skill level doesn't matter as the ideas are what count! (Although I'm sure your art abilities are more than adequate!)

Most people are a bit shy when they join a new community. But no worries, everyone is super-friendly! :)

Just dive into any thread and you'll see! :)

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Madame Crow » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:14 pm

I enjoy painting, drawing, and a few other things like sewing, but I haven't seriously done any sculpting. I like decorating masks, like Venetian masks.
As for things I do for fun, I usually like to draw and play games. I also enjoy scary movies, along with cleaning and repairing dolls that I buy from thrift shops and flee markets.
If I was only able to eat one kind of food for the rest f my life, it would be sweets, like pastries and candy. :cheer:

I'll be sure to look into the next event! :grin:

Thank you both for welcoming me! ^^

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:20 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

What's your favorite color?

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 2:26 am

Postby Madame Crow » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:37 pm

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:Welcome to Windlyn!

What's your favorite color?

My favorite color would have to be either green or orange! Especially when they're paired with black! :cheer:

Postby TheBeeWitch » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Welcome to windlyn~ :heart:

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 10:26 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:33 pm

welcome! Don't be shy, just jump in and post. Someone will be happy to chat with you - or start with the game forums first. I have several dice rolling games where you can earn extra feathers above what you get for posting - I'd love to see you on there.

Your name is intriguing, is there a story to it?

Green is my favorite color! Especially forest green. But I do like purple and the WIndlyn color blue too.

Postby Polaris » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:55 am

Welcome to Windlyn!!

You mentioned you like scary movies. Is there a specific type of scary movie that you like, e.g. you prefer paranormal over gorey horror movies?
My best friend and I are avid horror movie watchers, but while I prefer paranormal thrillers and supernatural scary movies she can't deal with anything that has to do with exorcisms or any [insert religion] vs. the devil movies.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 3:26 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Madame Crow » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:43 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Your name is intriguing, is there a story to it?

It's not anything too interesting, it was a nickname given to me by a friend because of how much I love crows. :heart:

Postby Madame Crow » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:47 am

Polaris wrote:You mentioned you like scary movies. Is there a specific type of scary movie that you like, e.g. you prefer paranormal over gorey horror movies?
My best friend and I are avid horror movie watchers, but while I prefer paranormal thrillers and supernatural scary movies she can't deal with anything that has to do with exorcisms or any [insert religion] vs. the devil movies.

I absolutely love paranormal horror movies, like The Devil Inside, or Dead Silence. Gorey movies are something I like too, but just a little less because I haven't found a lot of good movies. Have any suggestions?

Postby galled » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:53 am

I haven't seen those. My favorite paranormal horror movie is THE SIXTH SENSE. Do you think I'd like The Devil Inside, or Dead Silence?

Server Administrator

Postby Madame Crow » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:43 pm

galled wrote:I haven't seen those. My favorite paranormal horror movie is THE SIXTH SENSE. Do you think I'd like The Devil Inside, or Dead Silence?

The Devil Inside is paranormal based movie about exorcisms and possession, I think you might like it.
As for Dead Silence, I wouldn't recommend it if you're afraid of dolls and puppets.

I don't think I've watched The Sixth Sense, but it looks interesting.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:58 pm

I've seen Dead Silence.... It's been a while, I might rewatch it, but I think it kinda scared me or just creeped me out a lot, lol. But that's what I like in horror movies.

Except, I can't handle gore. If there's no gore, I'm good.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 2:26 am

Postby Madame Crow » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:19 pm

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:I've seen Dead Silence.... It's been a while, I might rewatch it, but I think it kinda scared me or just creeped me out a lot, lol. But that's what I like in horror movies.

Except, I can't handle gore. If there's no gore, I'm good.

I'm not sure, it's been a while for me too, but I'm sure there isn't much.

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon