New here? Introduce yourself!

Another newbieee

Moderator: Ryvvi

Another newbieee

Postby Kayla » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:25 am

Hi there! I'm Kayla.

I have a *huge* weakness for cute avatar websites/games, and Windlyn looks quite homely, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to sign up.

I'm a university student majoring in Japanese, and in my free-time, I like to draw and cosplay. This year, I've made it a goal to improve my art, since I abandoned drawing for a while and lost my mojo, and now I'm working on a game... an avatar game... because I like cute avatar games... um. I'm also a member of a *pretty serious* cosplay-performance group, reinacting the Love Live! Sunshine!! group Aqours (and if you're familiar with that anime, I cosplay Chika Takami!).

My favourite colours are orange and purple, and I really, really love birds... so much I became one irl... yeah, my diet totally consists of seed and bugs. :cool: Edit: Also, I hate tomato and pumpkin. Pls delete those foods from existence!!

Oh, another thing is, is that I'm sarcastic. Very sarcastic. Unfortunately, people don't pick that up on the internet so I just come across sounding very... stand off-ish, I suppose.

Tl;dr I'm a weeb and I wish I was cool. Tweet tweet.

Thank for reading my boring introduction thread. If you want to see my art, my tumblr is chachateau. (I did just move accounts though so you probably won't find much of interest. Just a lot of CocoPPaPlay. I'm so weak for these unfair games hahahaha killme.)

:heart:

Local time: Tue May 21, 2024 7:00 am

Re: Another newbieee

Postby Gingerale » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:18 am

Welcome to Windlyn! Looks like you were able to find the fishing pond and were lucky enough to get a background! You can get n item about every 8 hours from the pond.

If you don't like pumpkins then I guess you don't eat pumpkin seeds? I actually like pumpkin roasted seeds. I had a friend who was allergic to nuts but could eat the pumpkin seeds.

Do you cosplay at the anime or comicon conventions?

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 1:00 pm

Postby galled » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Hi, Kayla! Welcome to Windlyn!

We have a lot of really talented people here, so you'll fit right in! There are usually a few submit item idea contests every year. Perhaps you can put your talents to work and everyone can have more cute things!

Ooo, I had a look at your tumblr. Yep, you're talented alright!!

Have you really eaten any bugs? I haven't, at least not intentionally! I guess crabs and lobsters are sea bugs... LOL

I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:00 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

Be sure to check out the dice rolling threads! You can win items or feathers that way!

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 4:00 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:40 pm

Roll in any of my dice game threads - I have a special holiday thread until tomorrow - they are my way to help the other members out.

Check out the game room to get feathers 3 times a day from playing. I tried bugs twice I think, not really intentional and can't say I liked it!But there are quite a few bugs that have more protein then eating animal meat so some cultures must have gotten it right.

Postby Kayla » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Gingerale wrote:Welcome to Windlyn! Looks like you were able to find the fishing pond and were lucky enough to get a background! You can get n item about every 8 hours from the pond.

If you don't like pumpkins then I guess you don't eat pumpkin seeds? I actually like pumpkin roasted seeds. I had a friend who was allergic to nuts but could eat the pumpkin seeds.

Do you cosplay at the anime or comicon conventions?

Yeah! I didn't really know what it was until after I got the background, hahaha. It was a nice surprise though!

Hmm, I suppose it depends. I don't really eat pumpkin seeds, but I don't mind them in cooking I guess. If the pumpkin taste is subtle enough, I don't mind it! (I really love sweet potato, on the other hand...)

Yes, I do! I moved to a capital city last year, so thankfully going to cons is rather easy now. My group is planning to perform in the cosplay competition at our next con. It'll be my first time entering it and performing on stage competitively. :smile:

Postby Kayla » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:22 pm

galled wrote:Hi, Kayla! Welcome to Windlyn!

We have a lot of really talented people here, so you'll fit right in! There are usually a few submit item idea contests every year. Perhaps you can put your talents to work and everyone can have more cute things!

Ooo, I had a look at your tumblr. Yep, you're talented alright!!

Have you really eaten any bugs? I haven't, at least not intentionally! I guess crabs and lobsters are sea bugs... LOL

I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Thank you!!

I saw that, I'm definitely considering entering if I'm not too busy when the next contest comes out. I do love designing stuff. Of course, there are heaps of cute items already at the moment as well!

Ahh haha, thank you so much! :cheer:

Actually, not really - well, not intentionally - unless you include ant butts... um... I've definitely eaten crab though, if that counts. :wink:

Postby Kayla » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:22 pm

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:Welcome to Windlyn!

Be sure to check out the dice rolling threads! You can win items or feathers that way!

Thank you! I'm already on it :wink:

Postby Kayla » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Roll in any of my dice game threads - I have a special holiday thread until tomorrow - they are my way to help the other members out.

Check out the game room to get feathers 3 times a day from playing. I tried bugs twice I think, not really intentional and can't say I liked it!But there are quite a few bugs that have more protein then eating animal meat so some cultures must have gotten it right.

Thank you for the tips!! I checked out your threads, thank you :cheer:

Yeah, I suppose bugs would be quite bitter (maybe crunchy as well lol)... and that is true! I know about some edible bugs where I live from learning about the indigenous culture and lifestyle... I don't have the guts to try them though. (Which is kind of hypocritical of me, considering I love raw fish, haha.)

Postby Diana » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Hi there!
Welcome to Windlyn!
You joined just in time for the start of our Valentine's Day event. :)

Do you make your cosplay outfits yourself? I really like to sew. It'd be cool if you could share some of your costumes! I would love to join a cosplay contest one day, but I don't really have friends who like to cosplay, and I'm not gutsy enough to do it on my own. haha. I wish you luck! It sounds really fun. :D

See you around Windlyn!

Site Admin

Postby Kayla » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Diana wrote:Hi there!
Welcome to Windlyn!
You joined just in time for the start of our Valentine's Day event. :)

Do you make your cosplay outfits yourself? I really like to sew. It'd be cool if you could share some of your costumes! I would love to join a cosplay contest one day, but I don't really have friends who like to cosplay, and I'm not gutsy enough to do it on my own. haha. I wish you luck! It sounds really fun. :D

See you around Windlyn!

Hi, thank you! Indeed I did :cheer:

Some I do, some I don't. I only recently started sewing them myself, but it's quite time consuming since I'm not that savvy at it yet. I hope one day I can improve though; it'd be nice to whip up a cosplay in a week before an event haha.
I might share some photos sometime! Thank you for the link! :smile: I didn't think to post anything in there, but I might post something I'm working on right now, maybe once I finish it haha.

Aw! I understand though, I'm the same. It can be quite nerve-wracking. I wish you luck in the future, if you ever do enter a contest. I'm sure you'd be great! And thank you :cheer:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:43 pm

The cosplay competition sounds exciting! I always like looking at all the costumes at the anime conventions, some people put so much work into their costumes it truly is amazing the detail!

Postby Kayla » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:57 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:The cosplay competition sounds exciting! I always like looking at all the costumes at the anime conventions, some people put so much work into their costumes it truly is amazing the detail!

Yes! Some cosplays are absolutely amazing. I'm in awe at the amount of effort and work put into them, especially some that are done in such little time. I admire those who can create armour and crafted parts of the cosplay, because that's totally out of my league haha :cry:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:16 am

I watched a show ( on Kawaii International?) that showed how some of the cosplay armor and accessories were made by people. Lots of work, very creative.

Postby Watery Star » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Welcome to Windlyn Kayla!
I have the same weakness for such cute things. I'm glad you could find us^^ The people are are friendly.
That's cool, I took Japanese too. I've gotten rusty with lack a practice though. What are you looking to do after college?
Good luck with your art! It really comes down to giving yourself time to practice. oh a game! That's cool, you'll have to share it with us.
I haven't watched Love Live but cosplaying with a group sounds like fun. Good luck with your upcoming competition!
My favorite color is purple. Do you like Halloween too since it's dressing up and usually has orange and purple colors associated with it?
I'm sure with time we'll get a feel for your personality and you'll get a sense of how we are too.
You sound pretty cool by my standards. ;)

You're welcome to post in any of my threads. Really any thread should be fine for you to post in ^.^

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 4:00 pm

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon