Got nothing to do? Want to spam? You can post just about anything here.

Selfy Lab - A Tutorial!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Selfy Lab - A Tutorial!

Postby Cloudy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Welcome everyone! Whether you're here from my RP threads or just curious about what "Selfy Lab" is, here's the tutorial for how to use it!

If you're familiar with TinierMe or its japanese counterpart, AtGames, the Selfy Lab is basically a selfy (avatar) dress up lab for users to create their "Dream Selfies." The english equivalent, Dream Selfy contains all TinierMe dress up items all the way from the beginning and up until its eventual shutdown :sad:

EDIT: the Selfy Lab link I've provided above may not load for most people, so I've provided an alternative site - Selfy Sumikaze. It works exactly the same as the old website, so follow the tutorial just as described.

And we begin! For this tutorial, let's look for an outfit for a pretty witch/female mage
for our Fantasy RP!

Selfy Lab Site Translation

[+] SPOILER

Gacha Item Searcher Site Translation

[+] SPOILER

Step 1: Finding an Item
Open the Selfy Lab and Item Searcher. Go onto the Item Searcher and find an item of your choice. Select the "tops" category underneath "Types of Items" and press search. You can further filter your results by selecting a specific color.

I think I like this top, so we'll use this one!

Step 2: Dressing Up
To select this "top" item, copy its item ID (right above the image) and paste it into the "top" category (it'll replace the current item ID or an "undefined" -- "undefined" just holds the place for an item ID, like the number, zero!)

Then, press "Wear" and... tada! Your Selfy is now wearing the dress!

[+] SPOILER

Step 3: Saving Your Selfy
Now that we've dressed up our selfy to our liking, it's time to save it.
To save, select one of the 5 slots near the "Load" button and click "Save." This way, if you have to go somewhere and aren't finished with dressing your selfy, you can save progress and load it back later. Just be careful that you don't accidentally save over another selfy... aha.

[+] SPOILER

Step 4: Getting an image URL
So unfortunately, you can't just right-click and copy & paste an image url of your selfy to post onto Windlyn (or wherever else). What I do is screenshot the screen (for computers, laptops, desktops, etc., press the Control and Print Screen buttons simultaneously to screenshot) and use Microsoft Paint to paste and save the image onto my laptop.

Then, I upload it onto the LunaPic website to crop it and save it like so:

[+] SPOILER

and...

Image | Image

Tada! We have our pretty master mage and the mysterious, telekinetically-gifted
Captain of the Royal Guard.

For the second one, I imagined a kingdom that had far surpassed the others in their advancement of weaponry; their fashion advanced a bit, too. They militarized the use of magic, thus this selfy lady is kind of like a Captain in the Wizard-Army, trained to fight with swords, magic, and both! She's got a thing for swords and telekinesis.

Some extra info:

[+] SPOILER

Happy Dressing!

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:38 am

Check these out!
VOCALOID Cosplay & Chat

Stay chill

Re: Selfy Lab - A Tutorial!

Postby Cloudy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:03 am

If anyone wants to post example selfies they made, feel free

Postby jamesjackson » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:42 am

We have written some games like tinierme. These games are same as Tinierme where players mainly for social activities and build their world according to their choices.
https://www.lyncconf.com/games-like-tinierme/

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:38 am

Postby Cloudy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 am

ah sweet, thanks!

Postby Cloudy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:17 am

bumping this thread

Postby Rainbow000Pegasus » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:59 pm

The DSL site has been broken for me for months! I have no idea what the problem is...

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:38 am

Postby juliewolffang64 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:16 pm

What an excellent guide and a nice nostalgia trip for players of TinierMe... I admit this was the exact topic that got me into the site in the first place.

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:38 am

:L_Wing: She/her + he/him; Genderfluid Ace :R_Wing:
Autistic, Anxiety, and Introverted :worry:

Return to Spam!