New here? Introduce yourself!

Literally just joined :)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Literally just joined :)

Postby Polysiphonia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:58 am

Hi everyone!

Looking for a decent distraction, I've gone through a fair share of these avatar based sites but have not managed to settle down on one since Ernya.

This one however looks promising, but excuse my noobness for the time being :cheeky:

Oh and let me know any things "not to do" as I don't want to be rude in any way!

:heart:

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:04 pm

Re: Literally just joined :)

Postby Diana » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:28 am

Welcome to Windlyn!

Most of our forum categories have a stickied thread that outlines what they are for and what kind of content should go in them. If you are looking for general guidelines, there's no better place to start than the Rules and ToS, which can also be found under the "Info" link in the footer. It's a good idea for everyone to give them a look-over when joining Windlyn. You'll find they're pretty easy to follow- don't be a jerk, and have fun. Keep that in mind when you interact with others and you'll quickly be contributing to the love and magic of Windlyn. :)

Let us know a little more about you! What are you most passionate about? Do you have any hobbies? pets? What is your favourite thing to do in a game like Windlyn?

Site Admin

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:04 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:53 am

Welcome to the wonderful world of Windlyn! We love new people and we love to help each other out so check out the various charities. There are only a few threads that are not open to the public (ie: 1x1 roleplay) but other wise feel free to post in any threads.

Check out the links in my signature to my game threads where you can win feathers or checkout my charity link.
Under the game room header above get feathers for 3 scores for each game (the ransacked room matching game is probably the fastest).

Quest every 12 hours ( items are generally in the shops or ones you get from fishing).
Fish every 8 hours for free items, including backgrounds.

Buy at the Lazarus shop first as they are either seasonal or only temporary. The new Birth of Venus background (displayed on Diana's avatar presently) will only be available for a short time. You should be able to get it within a week by playing games and posting.

What do you like best about where you live?

Postby Polysiphonia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 am

Diana wrote:Welcome to Windlyn!

Most of our forum categories have a stickied thread that outlines what they are for and what kind of content should go in them. If you are looking for general guidelines, there's no better place to start than the Rules and ToS, which can also be found under the "Info" link in the footer. It's a good idea for everyone to give them a look-over when joining Windlyn. You'll find they're pretty easy to follow- don't be a jerk, and have fun. Keep that in mind when you interact with others and you'll quickly be contributing to the love and magic of Windlyn. :)

Let us know a little more about you! What are you most passionate about? Do you have any hobbies? pets? What is your favourite thing to do in a game like Windlyn?

Hi Diana, thank you for the welcome :)
It's nice that people are still active, so many seem to be dead in recent years.
I don't really know what my passion is, but I like gaming and writing about environmental science :3
Recently I've started getting into digital drawing too, I'd like to get better!
As for pets, I have two cockatiels and a 3 month old kitten :heart: of which pictures are filling up my instagram haha
My favourite thing to do in sites like these are to earn pretty pixels and adorn my avatar in them :grin:
It's also really nice to get to know people somewhere else in the world, I think it's a different sort of friendship which can be rare c:
Soo yeah, what about you? :smile:

Postby Polysiphonia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:11 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Welcome to the wonderful world of Windlyn! We love new people and we love to help each other out so check out the various charities. There are only a few threads that are not open to the public (ie: 1x1 roleplay) but other wise feel free to post in any threads.

Check out the links in my signature to my game threads where you can win feathers or checkout my charity link.
Under the game room header above get feathers for 3 scores for each game (the ransacked room matching game is probably the fastest).

Quest every 12 hours ( items are generally in the shops or ones you get from fishing).
Fish every 8 hours for free items, including backgrounds.

Buy at the Lazarus shop first as they are either seasonal or only temporary. The new Birth of Venus background (displayed on Diana's avatar presently) will only be available for a short time. You should be able to get it within a week by playing games and posting.

What do you like best about where you live?

Thank you for the warm welcome Lemon Cheesecake :grin:
I'll definitely check out these places and charity threads, my avi is in need of some shoes haha
It's nice that there are some games to play, I like that in forum sites like these :3
The background is really pretty!
What I like about where I live, which is England, is that it's a place of interesting history, I absolutely love the Tudor era :heart:
What about where you live? :smile:

Postby Gingerale » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:01 am

Welcome to Windlyn! Come visit my freebie thread and you will get a feather welcome gift (so you can buy those shoes!) and I also have items from the questing and fishing pond that are free which will help you while you start your collection.

If you don't have the items for questing you can either cancel and wait for the next opportunity or go and look for the items and come back and turn them in. There is chance of getting Windlyn wings in questing, but they are very rare. Wing items are generally gotten in events so make sure you play, there is usually one event a month and the summer event should be coming up around the end of the month I think.

I always think of England as having tea time and scones and small sandwiches - do you actually do that there?
I think our member Polaris is going to school in the UK, not sure who else here lives over there, but we have an international flare of members here which is very nice.

What kind of environmental science are you interested in? Do you actively pursue protecting the environment you are in? Do you do research on how the environment affects people, animals, plants etc?

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:04 am

Postby Polysiphonia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:16 am

Gingerale wrote:Welcome to Windlyn! Come visit my freebie thread and you will get a feather welcome gift (so you can buy those shoes!) and I also have items from the questing and fishing pond that are free which will help you while you start your collection.

If you don't have the items for questing you can either cancel and wait for the next opportunity or go and look for the items and come back and turn them in. There is chance of getting Windlyn wings in questing, but they are very rare. Wing items are generally gotten in events so make sure you play, there is usually one event a month and the summer event should be coming up around the end of the month I think.

I always think of England as having tea time and scones and small sandwiches - do you actually do that there?
I think our member Polaris is going to school in the UK, not sure who else here lives over there, but we have an international flare of members here which is very nice.

What kind of environmental science are you interested in? Do you actively pursue protecting the environment you are in? Do you do research on how the environment affects people, animals, plants etc?

Thank you! I'll definitely need to check all these charity threads and links out!
Yeah, the most recent questing seems to want me to get a bandanna thing? And a skirt. I could find the skirt, so I'm assuming the bandanna is from fishing.
I love, love, love events! I can't wait for the summer one :cheer:
And hahaha funnily enough we do drink a lot of tea, and if we're feeling extra fancy we will go out for afternoon tea which is a treat. That involves scones and little sandwiches :grin:
For some reason I haven't met many English people who are part of these types of forums. I'm not sure why..
I'm focusing on marine ecology at the moment and because I'm interested in following the route into science journalism, I decided to start writing more about whats happening in the sea. I need to start somewhere! There are so many subjects to write about though, and I have so little time :worry:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:27 am

You should start a thread on here and you can update us on what you are learnign and things we should be aware of! You cn "parctice" your journalism! That would be soooooo cool! (I'd be interested!). :cheer:

* the bandana is actually from a past event and you will only find them in other members yard sales. Personally, if the quest asks for past event items or past Lazarus shop items, then I cancel that turn since I don't like to part with my older items that we can't purchase any longer. :strain:

Postby Polysiphonia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:You should start a thread on here and you can update us on what you are learnign and things we should be aware of! You cn "parctice" your journalism! That would be soooooo cool! (I'd be interested!). :cheer:

* the bandana is actually from a past event and you will only find them in other members yard sales. Personally, if the quest asks for past event items or past Lazarus shop items, then I cancel that turn since I don't like to part with my older items that we can't purchase any longer. :strain:

That would be really cool! I started a blog earlier this year and have slowly uploaded, maybe I can retype some of the content on here too :grin:
Although it will be at a very very slow pace considering I have a lot of work at the moment :sad:

And ohh that sucks D: okay, I cancelled and tried the other one. Are celestial shoes also a thing of the past by any chance? :worry:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:41 pm

ya, any of the celestial items are from a past event.

If you already have the info then make use of it! We'd like to be educated or open for debates...

Postby galled » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:17 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

Yes, England certainly has some interesting history! It's shaped much of the western world and deeply tied to the US.

I'd be interested in reading too! :heart:

The environment and especially our oceans are of utmost importance. One of the things that some "journalists" can't seem to differential is the difference between science and predictions--something that really bothers me. But I won't get started on that! :)

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby mdom » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Welcome to trisphee, the cutest pixels of all avatar sites ^^

I expect to see your pets posted in the site!!

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:04 am

by Valentine Strange

Postby Polysiphonia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:ya, any of the celestial items are from a past event.

If you already have the info then make use of it! We'd like to be educated or open for debates...

Ooh okay, and earlier you said something about yard sales?

And yeah, that would be really good c:
Would it make sense if I just grabbed bits from my blog?

Discussions would be fun too! :smile:

Postby Polysiphonia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:43 pm

galled wrote:Welcome to Windlyn!

Yes, England certainly has some interesting history! It's shaped much of the western world and deeply tied to the US.

I'd be interested in reading too! :heart:

The environment and especially our oceans are of utmost importance. One of the things that some "journalists" can't seem to differential is the difference between science and predictions--something that really bothers me. But I won't get started on that! :)

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Thank you :smile:

It's really great that so many of you are interested! I wasn't sure at all as many people seem to find science boring xD
Once all my deadlines have passed, I'll definitely consider sharing some of my writing, even if it isn't much :3

A lot of journalists also misunderstand what the scientist says or over sensationalises it. It's understandable that they want to make it as easy to absorb as possible, but they shouldn't need to change the truth for it!

But yeah, hopefully I stick around, so far I do like this site though, I'm just trying really hard to find another gaiaonline or ernya tbh :worry:

Postby Polysiphonia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:44 pm

mdom wrote:Welcome to trisphee, the cutest pixels of all avatar sites ^^

I expect to see your pets posted in the site!!

Trisphee? o wo

I can't wait to get a pet! > u<

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon