The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Make up?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Make up?

Postby Polysiphonia » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:26 pm

I keep seeing the new Urban Decay palette everywhere..
It's called "born to run" I think, but it's given me the dilemma of deciding whether to buy one or not >.<
For all make up lovers out there, what do you think? :smile:
I like the fact that is has a good range of colours :3

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:01 am

Re: Make up?

Postby mdom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Do ittt xDD

My sister has the nude palettes and it IRKS ME that she uses a couple and then gets a new one. Like girl... change up a bit. Use more colors before getting a new one!! Versatility!! Those things are so expensive here xDD Or at least gimme all the old ones.

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 am

by Valentine Strange

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Can you get a test or make over to decide if you want it? Do they have samples?

Mdom, she should give you her old ones!

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am

Postby Polysiphonia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 pm

mdom wrote:Do ittt xDD

My sister has the nude palettes and it IRKS ME that she uses a couple and then gets a new one. Like girl... change up a bit. Use more colors before getting a new one!! Versatility!! Those things are so expensive here xDD Or at least gimme all the old ones.

I’m so tempted, but there are so many things I want right now! D:
Damn, why do I have to be so materialistic lol.
And I know what you mean though, using different colours can add to the fun too!

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Can you get a test or make over to decide if you want it? Do they have samples?

Mdom, she should give you her old ones!

It sucks because they don’t have it in the local store, and it’s limited edition, so chances are I’ll only be able to buy it online :(
Ugh decisions!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:30 am

If you get it is there a return policy? Or could you resell it or gift it if you didn't open it? That makes it less of a risk.

Sometimes it is is difficult to see the true colors until you see it in natural light and with your own eyes.

Postby galled » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:52 am

What always nags me at the back of mind when there's a "limited" anything is what if I really like it and I can't get it again?!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Gingerale » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:18 pm

I just looked at the color palette colors on it and they seem like pretty bright colors that I don't think would be flattering to anyone.
I'd invest in the neutrals and just get a few bright colors from somewhere else. For that amount of money you don't want it to not be flattering. You don't want the make up"wearing you". I have no problem with going bold but some tones are just not meant to be worn.

If you can, go test it somewhere and do a selfie, even on the models the make up may look fun but is more like Mardi Gras - and that's not looking at it in real life lighting or context. :worry:

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am

Postby galled » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:27 pm

That's a good point, Gingeraile! What it looks like in media can be vastly different in the real world. When you get to the extremes, the line between bold and clown is not that wide! ;)

Server Administrator

Postby Polysiphonia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:If you get it is there a return policy? Or could you resell it or gift it if you didn't open it? That makes it less of a risk.

Sometimes it is is difficult to see the true colors until you see it in natural light and with your own eyes.

That sounds like a good idea, it's not the kind of price tag i can be risky with.
But then part of me is also thinking do I really need any more eyeshadow palettes?
Ugh, conundrum!

galled wrote:What always nags me at the back of mind when there's a "limited" anything is what if I really like it and I can't get it again?!

Ikr!? It's so bad! D:
No wonder they do it haha

Gingerale wrote:I just looked at the color palette colors on it and they seem like pretty bright colors that I don't think would be flattering to anyone.
I'd invest in the neutrals and just get a few bright colors from somewhere else. For that amount of money you don't want it to not be flattering. You don't want the make up"wearing you". I have no problem with going bold but some tones are just not meant to be worn.

If you can, go test it somewhere and do a selfie, even on the models the make up may look fun but is more like Mardi Gras - and that's not looking at it in real life lighting or context. :worry:

There are definitely some colours that are harder to pull off, like I haven't ever been able to pull off yellow or bright blue.
Which palette would you go for if someone told you that you could just have one? xD

Postby Gingerale » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:54 pm

a neutral pallette is also the safest...a dark brown for eyeliner, a medium brown for brows and shading in the crease, a lighter brown for extra shading or a day wear and then a lighter vanilla for highlighting under the eye brows, a bright cream color for on the eyelids to brighten the eyes and then an option of a smoky or dark grey for emphasizing the eye color or shape of eyes. That would be your basic.

Then for fun you can get a mix of colors.

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am

Postby Polysiphonia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Gingerale wrote:a neutral pallette is also the safest...a dark brown for eyeliner, a medium brown for brows and shading in the crease, a lighter brown for extra shading or a day wear and then a lighter vanilla for highlighting under the eye brows, a bright cream color for on the eyelids to brighten the eyes and then an option of a smoky or dark grey for emphasizing the eye color or shape of eyes. That would be your basic.

Then for fun you can get a mix of colors.

Yeah, sounds pretty much the same as me then :3
Although I always like to add extra sparkles on top of that :P

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:43 pm

A little bit of glitter can bring sparkle to your eyes!

I think it all depends on what you have planned for the day but spend the money on what you know will work and then spend a little extra to try out some other colors for fun...if they don't work then at least you have a fall back color because even though I don't where much make up, I don't remember when I last went au naturale!

Return to The Lounge