The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Pictures are going to have to wait

Moderator: Ryvvi

Pictures are going to have to wait

Postby Valentine Strange » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:07 pm

My computer some how got wet in the car on the drive back home. I’m not sure how exactly all I can think of is that I had the air conditioning on since it was burning up in the car and condensation developed. But the thing is my computer was the only thing wet. Nothing was wet by it or on it either so really confused how it got wet since nothing would have been able to spill on it.

It’s drying out right now. I Googled ways to fix it. It’s now sitting keyboard down on a towl that is laid out on a wire basket and has a fan blowing on it. They said to leave it for 2 to 3 days and switch out the towel when it’s wet. Hoping that it works after. Really hoping. It’s a custom built computer I got from a family friend in Ohio and I don’t trust anyone else to fix it except this guy. So if it’s not okay after it dries out I’m not sure waht I’m going to do.

I’m having to use my phone right now.

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:12 am

Re: Pictures are going to have to wait

Postby galled » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:10 pm

What kind of computer is it? You can take the cover off a desktop and that will help it dry out. Yep, water and electronics don't mix! :scream:

Server Administrator

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:12 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Valentine Strange » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Laptop computer so not a desktop. He mainly makes custom Macs. So the outside is a 2015 MacBook Pro, but then the inside is all new parts and it’s got added memory, and enhanced graphics for designing(art programs and stuff) and most gaming. It’s also quite fast so it can keep up with high frame rates. I can’t really take it into Apple or another repair shop here because he really is the only one who knows all that has been added to it. I also don’t want someone to go poking around in it and accidentally (or purposely) messing it up. So really have my fingers crossed. Tomorrow is the moment of truth. If it is still having issues then I might have to make a trip to Ohio.

Postby Valentine Strange » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:40 am

And it's working.
Thank god.
I can finally upload the pictures from my vacation.

Postby galled » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:42 pm

Yay!

With the heat here (105 today, 107 yesterday), it would have dried up super fast!

Looking forward to seeing your pix! :)

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:32 am

That was quite the scare!

Postby Boris » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 pm

What a bummer! I hope it works after it dries.

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 am

Return to The Lounge