New here? Introduce yourself!

just another newbie

Moderator: Ryvvi

just another newbie

Postby raviolitheif » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:40 pm

howdy howdy, im one of those new kids! :heart: i've played a lot of avi sites and pets games, so im a bit jaded and im really hoping this one sparks something! :sad: i miss the feeling i used to get from Gaia and TinierMe, so far ive only found Chicken Smoothie and Flight Rising to spark even half of the in me v-v
so hello! im percy, i love cartoons and anime, and i should write and draw more than i do. :embarassed: im getting into DND and Magic, and i love Critical Role and The Adventure Zone.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 2:18 pm

Re: just another newbie

Postby Tandy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Hello. I'm glad you've joined the site. I hope you enjoy it as much as those other games.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Postby Gingerale » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:00 pm

I love your user name! So excited you found my thread!

The history of Windlyn is found in the lore threads if you are interested and our newcomer/help threads are very informative too, but here is a low down:
You don't get feathers if you double post, but someone will generally come along and post after you so it is easy to get feathers for posting. Game threads go the fastest.
You can get feathers for playing the games in the Game room ( 3 scores count each game per day) and in user game threads as well.
The fishing pond lets you catch something every 8 hours and the questing every 12 hours. There are some cool items in the fishing pond.
The Lazarus shop only has items temporarily so I recommend getting those first before the regular shop items.
Do you do your own drawing for DND? What kind of deck do you have for Magic?

Postby raviolitheif » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:20 pm

Gingerale
oh yay! i love how many questions and things you brought up!!!
i ought to hit up the lazarus shop soon then!!! :embarassed:
and i do do y own drawings for my DND games! i plan to draw everyone in my newest campaign, and tend to draw any of my characters from games like dragon age, skyrim, mass effect, etc! i also do a lot of fanart, and of course just freebie stuff too.
here's the most recent thing i drew! :embarassed:
my current deck is a white/green cat themed creature deck!! :heart:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:50 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! Very nice artwork! If you have time to take requests you should start your own art thread to get some feathers or past items!
We have members on Windlyn that play DND... I tried making a character once but gave up...although I will still sit and listen once in awhile to others play because it can be very entertaining.

Magic the Gathering has really expanded it's decks but it can become quite the money pit and you have to be careful not to get too sucked in. (After all it is only paper). Do you play online or with the actual card decks? Have you gone to any game expos at all?

Everyone is very friendly here so don't be afraid to post in threads! :grin:

Postby raviolitheif » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:03 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Welcome to Windlyn! Very nice artwork! If you have time to take requests you should start your own art thread to get some feathers or past items!
We have members on Windlyn that play DND... I tried making a character once but gave up...although I will still sit and listen once in awhile to others play because it can be very entertaining.

Magic the Gathering has really expanded it's decks but it can become quite the money pit and you have to be careful not to get too sucked in. (After all it is only paper). Do you play online or with the actual card decks? Have you gone to any game expos at all?

Everyone is very friendly here so don't be afraid to post in threads! :grin:

thank you! it took.... quite a while. and you know? i think i will do that! maybe it'll help my commissions finally take off.

DND can be very daunting, i dont fault you for giving up :embarassed: here's hoping i do well enough this game! :neutral:

and goodness it can be such the wallet drainer, i sure know that :cry: they sell cards at a gas station near my house and its so hard not to buy them over gas :strain: and i do play with the physical cards! the online ones are fun, but i deeply enjoy hearing people suffering irl :grin_wink: ive been to one event! but i dont think it was an expo or anything. i did get a 60 card free deck though!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:26 am

A free deck? Nice! Anime expo has a large area designated for Magic players if you ever go to one but there are events that are JUST Magic.
I'm ok with playing for fun on a fair field but I don't like the cards that let you win the whole game by playing them or when people spend 100's of dollars on cards so that they can win like that.There's no challenge in that and it seems like a poor sportsmanship move. I think they are banned in tournaments though? Definitely can be lots of groans in a game as well as shouts of laughter from the other side winning. :wink:

Postby Akuyi » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:56 am

Welcome!

I don't think this site can be compared to Gaia, but I really love the community here, so if that's the thing you are looking for, you are at the right place. Image

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 11:18 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby raviolitheif » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:40 pm

Akuyi wrote:Welcome!

I don't think this site can be compared to Gaia, but I really love the community here, so if that's the thing you are looking for, you are at the right place. Image

thats exactly what im looking for! color me excited :heart: im already posting more here than i tend to :smile:

Postby Akuyi » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Yeah I am posting more here than on Rec, too. I think. Maybe...
I mean, I am not posting a lot in general, so who knows. Image

Are you getting around on Windlyn yet?

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 11:18 pm

Postby galled » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:52 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

Love your user name too! My affection for pasta has something to do with that I'm sure! :)

I tried Magic and the rules make my head swim. :/

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby raviolitheif » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:20 pm

galled wrote:Welcome to Windlyn!

Love your user name too! My affection for pasta has something to do with that I'm sure! :)

I tried Magic and the rules make my head swim. :/

I hope you enjoy your time here!

pasta is the food of the gods and i love all kinda of it!! :cheeky:

it took me a solid 5 games to even begin to understand the rules haha, i totally feel you! :embarassed:

i think i will enjoy my time here thank you so much! :heart:

Postby Gingerale » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:01 pm

it's a place "where every one knows your name" and you're not forgotten!

Postby Watery Star » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:01 pm

Welcome to Windlyn Percy!
I hope you enjoy yourself here. I loved the avatars on TinierMe and was sad when it closed but I enjoy this community so much more than that site and Gaia. I had some good times on Gaia but don't like what it's become. Windlyn is a small close-knit community and always makes me feel good when I visit.

I love Critical Role too! It got me to finally try D&D. I'm about to watch the live stream tonight.^^ Are you caught up? Have you watched all of the first campaign? I've listened to some of Adventure Zone. I like Dice,Camera, Action and RollPlay from ItmeJP too.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 5:18 pm

Postby NerdyAliCat » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:46 am

Hello and welcome to Windlyn!
I've heard about Critical Role but i've never had the time to get into it, however i do play D&D myself
What kinds of anime do you watch?

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 6:18 am

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon