New here? Introduce yourself!

Salut!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Salut!

Postby THRLZ » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Well im new to this site, and that means the obligatory "welcome me" post.
Ive been on avi forum sites a lot, but im still getting a feel for this one.
A little about me, i have two pet rabbits, i like cute anime and coffee. thats about it.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 4:53 am

Re: Salut!

Postby galled » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:26 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

I've been on a coffee kick. What I've discovered is the temperature of the water makes a huge difference on the bitterness and flavor of the blend I like. (I'm partial to blonde roasts--more caffeine!) I haven't experimented with grinds yet, but filters seem to be critical too.

Do you have a favorite coffee?

I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 5:53 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby THRLZ » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:31 pm

galled wrote:Welcome to Windlyn!

I've been on a coffee kick. What I've discovered is the temperature of the water makes a huge difference on the bitterness and flavor of the blend I like. (I'm partial to blonde roasts--more caffeine!) I haven't experimented with grinds yet, but filters seem to be critical too.

Do you have a favorite coffee?

I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

I actually in my 9-5 life, i work with coffee. without giving the company i work for, basically my job is coffee education. And im never surprised how people react when they learn that the temp, grind, filter, method and anything else, can change the flavor! We sell a lot of very rare and not cheap coffees so i want people to know how to get the most out of their money and brew properly.
I really love sundried coffees! they are so flavorful and a great coffee to start people off with who are new to specialty coffees since they are so fruity and that can be rather different than your daily cup of joe.

depending on what kind of blonde roast you have, i love those lighter coffees on a pour over with a paper filter. it helps to brighten it up and crisp up any citrus notes it might have and make them shine!

Postby galled » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:12 pm

Oh, that's so cool!

I know tea has a art/science aspect to it and am glad to hear that coffee is the same!

Do you have any recommendations on brewing temperature with un-bleached paper filters for blonde roasts? I'm guessing it's a medium grind. Would you have any other advice?

Thank you! So glad you're here and kind enough to share your expertise! :)

Server Administrator

Postby Tandy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:09 pm

Welcome!

Postby Watery Star » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:05 pm

Welcome to Windlyn THRLZ!

I'm a complete coffee noob^^; I can't handle caffeine well so I tend to avoid coffee. But I love coffee ice cream lol
aw, what kind of rabbits do you have? I had a dwarf lop eared rabbit growing up.
Do you enjoy slice of life anime? Those tend to be cute.

With the games on here, you can submit your score 3x a day and get feathers based on how well you scored.
Fishing gives a free random item about every 8 hours. It has exclusive items you can only get through fishing.
Questing requires turning in the requested items, usually fishing items. I wouldn't worry about it right away.

If you have any questions free feel to ask!
Also you're welcome to post in any of my threads. I have a shop and give away some of my extra items. But I'm still updating it. There are other users that help out new users so check out Newbie Assistance if you haven't already:
https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewforum.php?f=77

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 7:53 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:43 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! I have never heard of sundried coffee! I will have to research it.

Watery gave you a good low down on the site.Please come to my threads! I have game threads to give members an opportunity for extra feathers and I have a charity.

Get the Lazarus shop items first as they are only temporary and you never know if or when you will get an opportunity to get them again!

Did you raise your rabbits from babies?

Postby Akuyi » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:51 pm

Ooooh I also love coffee. Especially with milk and sugar. But my body can't handle much milk, so I need to... stay... strong. Aaaaaah. Image

Welcome to Windlyn!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 1:53 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Akuyi can you use creamer or almond or other nut milk?

Postby Akuyi » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:17 pm

I can drink soy, rice, almond milk and so on. But it just tastes better with real milk.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 1:53 pm

Postby THRLZ » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:34 pm

Thanks for all the help and the warm welcome!
And yes, i did raise the buns from babies. someone surrendered them to a rescues i work with thinking we took rabbits. they were only 2 weeks old when they came to use and i nursed them to health and they are two months now and doing wonderful!

Postby Gingerale » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:26 pm

How did I miss welcoming you !?? :distress:

Welcome to Windlyn fellow lover of bunnies! It can be difficult for baby bunnies to survive if they are so young, you must have put a lot of love into taking care of them!

Come visit my newcomer's thread ( in my signature) and don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions or need help with the site.

You work a job AND volunteer? Nice! :grin:

Return to Welcome Wagon