Digital or traditional. Drawings, paintings, animations, or comics. Critiques, showoff, and much more!

Art Programs: What do you use?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Art Programs: What do you use?

Postby snack cake » Fri May 03, 2019 11:15 pm

Tell me what kind of art (and non-art) programs you use? Any that you're interested in and want to learn?

I know quite a lot only because I was taught to learn and adapt to many. The main programs I use is Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.

Some non-art programs are: Unity Engine, Unreal Engine 4, Perforce.

Then I get little strands of knowledge in: Zbrush, InDesign, Substance Painter/Design Quixel, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe After Effects.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2019 12:23 pm

Re: Art Programs: What do you use?

Postby galled » Sat May 04, 2019 12:33 pm

My content creation work has mainly used Adobe Suite products (After Effects, Premiere, Audition, Illustrator and of course, PhotoShop). But I still use CorelDraw and MSPaint, GIMP a lot depending on how much and how quickly I need to do what I need to do (and depending on which machine I'm on!).

I've used Blender on projects and have played with Pixar RenderMan a bit, but most of my 3D stuff has been done in AfterEffects. I suppose which tool you ultimately use is dictated by the output format.

Have you looked at vRoid?

Server Administrator

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.

~npixelz

Postby snack cake » Sat May 04, 2019 8:09 pm

galled
I always find that once you get used to one Adobe product, it's really easy to adjust to another since they have similar interfaces. I haven't used After Effects so much, only used it for a motion design course and to make a turn table!

I checked out vRoid and didn't know it was powered by Pixiv! Pretty cool. I love that website, such amazing artists and great drawing tutorials. The program kind of reminds me of Zbrush and Photoshop.

It makes me want to get a cintiq or a on-screen tablet now. :strain:

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue May 07, 2019 6:40 pm

A very old and outdated version of Sketchbook Pro
And I can't get an update cuz that requires iOS 10.0.0 and my iPad is capped at 9.3.5

Local time: Sun May 19, 2019 3:23 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImageImage

Return to Art