Digital or traditional. Drawings, paintings, animations, or comics. Critiques, showoff, and much more!

Art Programs: What do you use?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Art Programs: What do you use?

Postby snack cake » Fri May 03, 2019 11:15 pm

Tell me what kind of art (and non-art) programs you use? Any that you're interested in and want to learn?

I know quite a lot only because I was taught to learn and adapt to many. The main programs I use is Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.

Some non-art programs are: Unity Engine, Unreal Engine 4, Perforce.

Then I get little strands of knowledge in: Zbrush, InDesign, Substance Painter/Design Quixel, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe After Effects.

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 am

Re: Art Programs: What do you use?

Postby galled » Sat May 04, 2019 12:33 pm

My content creation work has mainly used Adobe Suite products (After Effects, Premiere, Audition, Illustrator and of course, PhotoShop). But I still use CorelDraw and MSPaint, GIMP a lot depending on how much and how quickly I need to do what I need to do (and depending on which machine I'm on!).

I've used Blender on projects and have played with Pixar RenderMan a bit, but most of my 3D stuff has been done in AfterEffects. I suppose which tool you ultimately use is dictated by the output format.

Have you looked at vRoid?

Server Administrator

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby snack cake » Sat May 04, 2019 8:09 pm

galled
I always find that once you get used to one Adobe product, it's really easy to adjust to another since they have similar interfaces. I haven't used After Effects so much, only used it for a motion design course and to make a turn table!

I checked out vRoid and didn't know it was powered by Pixiv! Pretty cool. I love that website, such amazing artists and great drawing tutorials. The program kind of reminds me of Zbrush and Photoshop.

It makes me want to get a cintiq or a on-screen tablet now. :strain:

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue May 07, 2019 6:40 pm

A very old and outdated version of Sketchbook Pro
And I can't get an update cuz that requires iOS 10.0.0 and my iPad is capped at 9.3.5

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:04 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby ChiffonOrange » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:34 pm

I use Ms Paint for drawing and sketching very often. I do use Medibang but only for a few times and rarely use Krita since I don't own a tablet and I'm used to drawing with a mouse.

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:04 pm

Postby juliewolffang64 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:47 pm

In terms of art programs, there's quite a bit that I use now. For starters, I have been using Paint(dot)net which is MS Paint with some of Photoshop's features. I do admit that while I use it for small photo editing, I like it for making/editing sprites. Krita is my main go-to program for digital art. Same with Photoshop with the layers and paints/tools but I also like the fact that I can add reference images to my document and they're just their own part. Not a separate layer but just a part of that document all on its own. Minor ones I have and sort of use are Inkscape for Scalable Vector Images and an older version of Blender (since the newer one has a bit of issues running with one of the PC specs, not a tech geek but I've been trying to get into that too) that I don't use often but have on there just to get around with playing and figuring out. I used to run a version of GIMP on here but because that program has become a bit obsolete to me with both Krita and Paint(dot)net taking over most of the tasks, I had uninstalled it.

As for miscellaneous programs, I use Libre Office for writing and just Microsoft Office work. Steam is also installed as I do a bit of gaming - and lately got some programs off Steam as well. Although, most of the games on Steam are idle clickers, one being an anime-based idle dating simulator. :cheeky:

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:04 am

:L_Wing: She/her + he/him; Genderfluid Ace :R_Wing:
Autistic, Anxiety, and Introverted :worry:

Postby Akuyi » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:13 am

Pencils. Image

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:04 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby EchoExe » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:16 am

I mostly just stick to Paint Tool SAI and SAI 2 for now, as I grew up on it.

I moved to Fire Alpaca and MS Paint for short periods of time, just to fall back to SAI 2.
I'm hoping to try Procreate sometime soon, and maybe even Clip Studio Paint someday!

As for other programs, I am not that fancy and usually just keep my drawings in one program since I'm lame. XD

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:04 am

Postby Flaria » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:44 am

Currently using Clip Paint Studio.

In the past, I started with MS Paint with pixels and then later on, Adobe Elements 3? I don't remember and then Adobe Photoshop when it's cheaper to get than now. LOL. After that, I tried out Paint Tool Sai for long while and worked good for me and haven't tried SAI 2.0 yet. Matters not, I tried FireAlpaca.. Not a fan of it same with Krita.. Nah.. GIMP is a big no no for me. I did tried Coral Painter, the older version. It's alright and more manual as you do traditionally. Couple or more I have tried and kept leading me back to Paint Tool SAI until the sales on Clip Studio Paint and grabbed that opportunity. Can't beat that price..

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 am

Return to Art