For all things tabletop. Whether it's D&D, or board games.

Dixit!!!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Dixit!!!

Postby Nek0Nerd0 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:07 pm

OMG I played this a few days ago, and I fell in love with it!!

I'm thinking of getting one but then at the same time, I could probably make the game myself! Maybe I should do that instead? :shock:

So the idea is, there are a lot of art cards, one person says a theme, and everyone puts their cards down in relation to the theme. If you guess the right card, the theme-sayer's card, both you and them move forward on the board.

There are more steps to this but uuugh I either wanna have one or I wanna make my own!! :strain: :heart:

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:28 pm

Last active May 2021.

Re: Dixit!!!

Postby Diana » Tue May 14, 2019 10:23 pm

I have played Dixit a lot! It's really cute! I love how creative some of the cards are. After you play with the same group of people a few times you learn how their brains work and what kinds of connections they make. I think that's super cool!

If you like this kind of game, I'd suggest Mysterium! It has a very similar play style where you guess cards based on related words, but adds some more elements to make it more challenging.

Site Admin

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:28 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue May 14, 2019 11:11 pm

Never heard of it
May be where Cyanide and Happiness got their card game idea from tho
Theirs is Joking Hazard and the goal is to make a coherent three panel comic each round
Idk past that cuz I got it for dad's birthday and that isn't until November and cuz of where I got it all I got a bonus card

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:28 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Nek0Nerd0 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:41 am

Diana wrote:If you like this kind of game, I'd suggest Mysterium! It has a very similar play style where you guess cards based on related words, but adds some more elements to make it more challenging.
Mysterium! :shock: Thanks for the suggestion, I'll either suggest that to my community or I'll have a look for that myself! :grin:

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:28 pm

Return to Tabletop