The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Hello, there.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hello, there.

Postby Operation Katana » Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Hello, everyone. How's it going? Haven't posted since I registered... Should try getting on more. Even if this community isn't as active. I got stitches the other day, did not feel good at all. Was from picking up a broken glass jar while stocking items onto a shelf.

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:40 am

Re: Hello, there.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 16, 2019 4:07 pm

OUCH! Do you get workers compensation for injuring yourself on the job? It must have been quite serious for them to put stitches in, often smaller cuts they use "butterfly bandages". Hope you did not slice through a tendon or anything like that!

Ya, Windlyn community might not be very active but we do have heart and I think it is the caring that keeps bringing us back...like a visit home.

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am

Postby galled » Thu May 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Welcome back!

So sorry you got hurt. Broken glass is so dangerous--it can be razor sharp.

I was watching a movie (an action one with guns and knives) and one of the main characters used a surgical staple gun to mend wound so they could get back into the fight faster. I suppose it depends on where the wound is for whether staples would work better than the ole needle and thread.

Speedy recovery!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Akuyi » Sat May 18, 2019 7:11 am

Hey, welcome to Windlyn! Glad you decided to post after all! Image

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Operation Katana » Sun May 19, 2019 5:06 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:OUCH! Do you get workers compensation for injuring yourself on the job? It must have been quite serious for them to put stitches in, often smaller cuts they use "butterfly bandages". Hope you did not slice through a tendon or anything like that!

Ya, Windlyn community might not be very active but we do have heart and I think it is the caring that keeps bringing us back...like a visit home.

Yes, I'm getting WC for it which is good because it'll be a few hundred dollars I assume for payments. I'm glad it wasn't that bad, but it was pretty bad at the same time.

I can see that. The community seems like it is really good and caring so that's why I decided to make another post. :D

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:40 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 19, 2019 9:34 am

I wonder who broke the glass & didn't clean it up? Maybe your work place will come up with some procedures on how to handle a hazardous condition like that...like have a hand broom & pan or vacuum and gloves available for use...but sometimes its those little tiny pieces that when you are wiping an area can do the damage.

Reminds me of a friend who was doing dishes after Thanksgiving dinner & someone had put a sharp knife in the sink & she did not realize it, ended up slicing her tendon in her hand...but it did heal, just took awhile.

I hope yours heals quickly so you can get back to doing the things you like to do.

Postby Gingerale » Sun May 26, 2019 10:06 am

Welcome to Windlyn - even though you posted awhile ago- you can still pick out a freebie gift from my charity since your name is still in green.

Hope you are feeling better. Have you got any special plans for the summer? Do you get vacation time?

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 am

Postby Mouse » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:16 am

I'm sorry! I hope you're all healed up

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 am

Return to The Lounge