New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello :>

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hello :>

Postby robodanbo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:21 am

Hey guys! It's nice to meet you, I'm robodanbo :>
Got a wave of nostalgia with avatar sites, super happy I found this one. The avatar style is so soft~

Never really sure what to say with intros, but, umm...
I'm 26 and a preschool teacher. I like to play video games and currently attempting to get into mico-woodworking. I have a pet betta named Pablo :]

But, yeah, pleasure to meet you all~

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:07 pm

Re: Hello :>

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:59 am

Welcome to Windlyn! :cheer:

We have a friendly little community so don't be afraid to jump into a thread to chat.

Check out my game threads and charity links in my signature. The signature appears on the first post of the page only.

There is a newbie help on the forums page but people will help out if you have any questions.

The game room tab drop down has the fishing pond which you can visit every 8 hours, there are some backgrounds and rarer items in the pond. Pond items can be used on the quests, quests are every 12 hours.

You get feather currency for playing 3 games a day, member run game threads and posting.

Past items can be bought at member run yard sales but there are a ton of shops! Tippsburg and the secret garden are my favorite shops. Lazarus is for special items usually around event times.

We have betta fish eggs! What color is your pet betta in real life?

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:07 pm

Postby Vivianne » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:48 am

Hi! Welcome to Windlyn! Enjoy your stay here!

Lemon gave you a really nice overview. Her charity thread is really helpful. :D

I look forward to seeing you around! <3

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:07 pm

Postby Gingerale » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:10 pm

'ello...check out the links in my avatar's signature too! I never realized it but you are right, I think what makes the Windlyn avatar's so endearing is that they do have a "soft" look. (And so many items, so many combinations to have fun with).

Preschool is a fun age, very curious, testing limits, and so exhausting! What is your favorite activity you do with the kids?

Postby galled » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:32 pm

Hello! Welcome to Windlyn!

Preschool is such an important part of how a person develops. I take my hat off to you and those in your profession!

What is mico-woodworking? I've never heard of that?

I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby robodanbo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:42 pm

@Lemon Cheesecake : Thank you for the welcome and the rundown <3
That answers a ton of questions I didn't even know I had ahaha. I'll check out the links!

Pablo is a very pretty deep blue! With a bit of red on his end fins. :]
I'll go check out the pets, that's exciting! I can have my own virtual fishy <3

Vivianne : Thank you for the welcome :]
The overview was super nice, for sure! Everyone seems nice from what I've seen.
Your avatar is super cute! I look forward to seeing you around too.

Gingerale : Hello! :] Yes, I'll check yours too, thank you!
Yeah for sure though, such a unique soft style. The combos on other people's avatars I've seen are really cool. I like yours! The rabbit mask reminds me of Bioshock, cool vibes.

So exhausting! But I love it :]
Every Thursday we have "the music man" come in and sing with all the kids, that's one of my favorites. He does a ton of his own songs and it's so cute to watch them all sing.

Our school is Montessori based; so as an assistant teacher it's mostly observing on my end rather than doing activites with them. In the afternoon I get to lead circle time though, which is fun. Lots of different games and such. Or just chasing them around like a monster during outside time! They call it "playing rawr" :]

galled : Thank you for the welcome! <3 Also for the teacher love!

I don't know the actual term for it, still super new to the hobby ahaha. But small scale woodworking. Super small furniture, like for doll houses and stuff? I figured it'd be a little easier to do in an apartment. Full-scale woodworking is tons of fun but it takes up so much space, I had to go to my parent's house every time to use their garage.

My dad and I made my bedframe together though :]

I guess miniature is a better term ahaha. I'm hoping to learn how to make fully functional stuff for fairy gardens and dollhouses and the like.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:55 pm

The show "This old house", had a guest segment where she showed how to make a padded cloth footstool. I imagine making the micro furniture would be similar...just on a smaller scale!

Do you sell your work?

Postby robodanbo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:15 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:The show "This old house", had a guest segment where she showed how to make a padded cloth footstool. I imagine making the micro furniture would be similar...just on a smaller scale!

Do you sell your work?

I'll have to check out that show, always down for something new to watch while winding down :]

Not yet, I'm still super duper new, figuring out tools and whatnot. I have a project in mind though, will take pictures once it's done :]

I really want to recreate some of the animal crossing furniture and make a setup with that.

Postby galled » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Oh, ok "micro" woodworking makes sense! LOL

Very cool! So you mostly carve, sand, and use glue I would imagine? Perhaps you can share some of your past projects to get an idea of what you're doing. It sounds like fun because you get the satisfaction of making something without the huge mess! Although, power tools is what makes life-size projects just a little bit more fun. :)

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:31 pm

I really want to recreate some of the animal crossing furniture and make a setup with that.

That would be so cute! Make it your own style and you could sell them online!

Postby robodanbo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:

That would be so cute! Make it your own style and you could sell them online!

That's the dream! I'd love to make a living making tiny things~

I thought the animal crossing furniture would be a good place to start because there are so many styles, it'd be a good way to experiment/learn while I figure out my own and what I like to make.

Plus, if they're amiibo height, it'd be awesome for making an actual mini house!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:06 pm

You could make a few for the school fundraisers and see how they go...I used to love furniture for my dolls when I was a kid...my Grandma brought me back one from Mexico that was a rocking chair made in one piece out of a soda pop can...it was really cool!

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:45 am

welcomeeee!!
i love those tiny wood houses! they're so freaking cute! you should make a thread showcasing some works in progress : D
out of curiosity, how did you find out about windlyn?

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Akuyi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:43 am

Hey, welcome to Windlyn! :heart:

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:07 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Mouse » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Nice to meet you! I hope you like it here!

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon