New here? Introduce yourself!

hey

Moderator: Ryvvi

hey

Postby kiwi » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:57 pm

found this site from a post on a pillowfort community and fell in love with the avatar style instantly, holy moly

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:18 pm

Re: hey

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:38 pm

And the items you chose for your avatar are absolutely adorable! Welcome to our wonderful world of Windlyn!

Right now we have our Valentine's event going on so you may get bombarded with gifts! If you buy a geode from the Lazarus shop and gift it, then when the recipient receives it they get a random Valentine item. Items in the events are not always available to purchase in the Lazarus shop at the end of the event. There are some very cool backgrounds available (backgrounds usually cost 1000 feathers!!). People on Windlyn tend to be very generous in general and during the Valentine's gifting get crazy ( well, I know I do!).

A quick run down: fish in the fishing pond every 8 hours, quest every 12. The new comers thread on the forums page is very informative. Lazarus items are only available for a short time.

Come visit the links in my signature for my charity and game threads ( a good way to add to your feather currency). Some of the other members have charities and game threads with prizes as well.

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:18 pm

Postby galled » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:51 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

Sending a Valentine gift for Valentines Day! <3

I hope you enjoy it here! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby murmurlade » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:18 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! Tell us a little bit about yourself?
We're all suuuper friendly. Just head over to the forums and start chatting-- like Lemon said, there's an event going on right now, so it's so nice to have a new friend to bully! I mean, gift bomb.

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:18 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Gingerale » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:41 pm

gift bombing is great! Windlyn item's are great and designed with love!

Do you have a hobby? Any pets?

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:46 am

Welcome!!!! as lemon said, the event is currently up till the 29th!! feel free to join us :) it’s my favourite event on any website haha
also feel free to let us know what you like about the avatar styles so we can keep making items members enjoy :cheer:

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Nek0Nerd0 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:55 am

Hey Kiwi, welcome to Windlyn.

Hope you enjoy it here :grin:

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:18 am

Last active May 2021.

Postby Akuyi » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:12 am

It's a kiwi! I love kiwis! :heart:

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby MissAutumn » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:52 am

Welcome to Windlyn. I'll send you an event gift. :)

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:18 am

Postby kiwi » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:10 pm

oh, wow...so many replies and so many nice people and ALL THESE GIFTS. I'm overwhelmed by all the kindness!!

thanks everyone who gave me tips and sent gifts, i'll have to go buy some stuff to send to y'all. :D

more about me for those who asked:

i enjoy art and it's all i ever really do these days as far as hobbies go, haha. when the weather warms up i like to go up in the mountains with my uncle and look for bones to bring back and clean up to display.

i do have pets! i have a tabby cat named holly who is both an angel and a devil and she's terrified of a specific jacket i own. i used to have a pet english lop rabbit but she passed away a couple years ago. sweetest thing...a bit of a jerk to the other animals though. she'd also steal bananas straight from your hands if you were eating them. >:I

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:20 pm

Oh yay you got a background!

Human or animal, prehistoric bones? Display in a museum? I think it's MissAutumn who has gone on archaeological digs...is it kind of like that? I was just watching a show on NOVA about wooly mammoth and other findings in Alaska now that the ice is melting and exposing them.

Postby kiwi » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:26 pm

Yeah, I managed to get a couple of them!

just animal bones, haha. It's just from going up into the woods while he's hunting or scouting and finding cool stuff. Last year I found some antlers and a whole deer skeleton which was super cool, so I took the skull to clean up and will go back to see if they're still there after the snow clears out.
I don't give them to museums or anything like that since they're usually just common bones or broken up, but it would be really neat to go dig on an archaeological site - that's pretty awesome!
Yeah that's all super neat that they're able to find them and research it more, sucks that the ice is melting though. Back in my hometown a farmer dug up a giant mammoth tusk in his field and it was on display at a local museum for a while. It's amazing how big those things are.

Postby Gingerale » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:31 pm

aw, was your rabbit house trained? I worked with someone who trained her rabbits to use the litter box. Nerdy AliCat has a pet thread, if you are comfortable you could post a picture of your tabby on there!

A couple miles away a mountain lion killed a good size buck in someone's drive way, caught it on their security camera's.

I forgot to tell you to check out the charity link in my avatar's signature. Links appear on the first post of the page only.

Postby murmurlade » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 pm

kiwi
YOOOOOO UR ART IS NICE AF... (btw ur linktree to ig is broken, its instragram instead of instagram rip)
im just stalking y'all on ur links and your shrek layout is scaring me
we actually have an art shop forum and im sure some of us would be MOOORE than willing to drop feathers on you for art!

btw if u want to get people's attention you can use
@"insertusernamehere" or quote them!

Postby kiwi » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:22 pm

Gingerale
she was...sort of. when i first got her she was really good about using a litterbox, but she also was free to roam our yard so her bathroom was like, everywhere haha. she helped plant so, so many spearmint plants....they were everywhere. they were her favorite thing to eat so her breath was always minty fresh when she'd give you kisses.
i'll have to check the thread out, thanks for letting me know!

ohhh man, that's scary. mountain lions are a BIG fear of mine so i'd be terrified to see that on my camera, haha.

and thank you! i'll give it a glance. thanks so much. <3

murmurlade
AHHHH thank you.... and thanks for the head's up about insta. spelling is my strong point, obviously
the forbidden shrek box destroyed a webpage on another avatar site as a random tidbit. that's how powerful it is. it knows no mercy.
i've been considering an art shop on here, so i'll definitely have to check it out!

and thanks for the head's up! hopefully i did it correctly

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon