New here? Introduce yourself!

Greetings!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Greetings!

Postby Kijo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:59 am

Henlo~ I'm Kijo~
My friend Shamrock Shamus told me about this site because we have an ongoing joke that every avatar site should come standard with a Kijo :cheeky:

My favorite food is actually sushi!
Oh gosh hobbies. I like to play video games, I read sometimes also, I write even more frequently then I read! I can draw and on occasion actually bust out my tablet to do so. It takes me forever to actually finish a drawing though LOL
Most passionate about hmm I guess I've got a couple. Alternative fashion and make up are super huge on the list.
I've got a handful of favorite colors: Periwinkle, blue, silver, purple, black and lastly red.
Something I can't live without would have to be music. I listen to music constantly unless I'm sleeping but that's only because my mind auto focus' on the lyrics in the music so I'd be up singing along instead of sleeping.

I think that's all! if you have any question I'm more then happy to answer them!

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 pm

Re: Greetings!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Periwinkle blue! THAT's the color name I was trying to come up with to describe the color of blue! Wow, what are the odds of that!

Welcome to Windlyn, don't hesitate to post ( its how we earn currency and get to know each other). Hugs to Shamus for inviting you!

need to knows are on the help support category on the forums page but here are a few headliners :
Fish every 8 hours. (under the game room tab above).

Items from fishing can be used in Questing which is 12 hours per sister.

Scores for 3 games per game give you feathers. If you don't like the score, replay it.

Events tend to be seasonal so something is always around the corner.

Buy Lazarus shop items first because they vanish after a time. The Valentine ones in there now will be gone soon. Click on shop because there are more shops then the bar shows.

Join my pengwing guild and get a pengwing friend!

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:45 pm

Postby Kijo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:18 pm

Yes! Periwinkle is my absolute favorite color in the whole world! I wish more things were that color tbh but it can be such a particular color to make/mix.
I'm super friendly so I'm sure I won't have any problem find reasons to post :cheer:

That you for the further information!

Pengwings sound and look super cute so I might very well just join!

Postby Gingerale » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:35 pm

I use to have a silk shirt that I loved in periwinkle blue. I don't know if we have many items in silver but we do in the other colors.

The wonderful world of Windlyn welcomes you! We have other people who like to write, someone just started a thread for writing a story for the avatar's images but you can make your own writing thread.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Come check out the links in my signature. (Signatures appear on the member's first post on the page only).

Postby Kijo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Gingerale wrote:
[+] SPOILER
I use to have a silk shirt that I loved in periwinkle blue. I don't know if we have many items in silver but we do in the other colors.

The wonderful world of Windlyn welcomes you! We have other people who like to write, someone just started a thread for writing a story for the avatar's images but you can make your own writing thread.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Come check out the links in my signature. (Signatures appear on the member's first post on the page only).

Ooo a silk shirt in periwinkle sounds heavenly tbh

I'm really excited to be here and start making plenty of new friends!
I always love a great writing community!
That thread sounds like so much fun I'll have to go find it soon!

I'll come check out your freebie thread!

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:44 pm

Welcome to Windlyn, Kijo. I saw Shamus mention a friend joining.

What types of video games do you play? I mostly play RPGs (dragon age, final fantasy etc).

I look forward to seeing you around the forums. :) Also, if you want an item from the Valentine's event let me know. Here's a list: Event Items (anything except the wings). I also have giveaway items in a link in my signature.

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:45 am

Postby Kijo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:47 pm

MissAutumn wrote:
[+] SPOILER
Welcome to Windlyn, Kijo. I saw Shamus mention a friend joining.

What types of video games do you play? I mostly play RPGs (dragon age, final fantasy etc).

I look forward to seeing you around the forums. :) Also, if you want an item from the Valentine's event let me know. Here's a list: Event Items (anything except the wings). I also have giveaway items in a link in my signature.

Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome!
Yes! I would be that friend!

I LOVE RPG's. I'm an avid fan of Dragon Age tbh!
It's always nice to find another fan of the series!
I also play Final Fantasy though not all of them. I'm still slowly working on that as I often derp out and forget I've been playing and stop whoops! lol

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:48 pm

Great, thanks for posting in my thread! Shamus should be able to guide you too and probably help you with some of the past items collecting.

Nice of MissAutumn to track down the link to the Valentine items!

Akuyi has a yard sale thread as well with images of the items. And Kitalpha's grab bags are a great deal and Murmurlade I think has a thread for selling or trading , they design some of the items as well. Sadly, some of the other yard sale thread members have not been on for awhile. We do have people with health issues or school and can't always be on.

Postby Kijo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:09 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:
[+] SPOILER
Great, thanks for posting in my thread! Shamus should be able to guide you too and probably help you with some of the past items collecting.

Nice of MissAutumn to track down the link to the Valentine items!

Akuyi has a yard sale thread as well with images of the items. And Kitalpha's grab bags are a great deal and Murmurlade I think has a thread for selling or trading , they design some of the items as well. Sadly, some of the other yard sale thread members have not been on for awhile. We do have people with health issues or school and can't always be on.

Of course! Shamus was like my friend Lemon said to send you to her thread! So of course I had to stop in! :heart:

Goodness! So many places to check out!

Aw yeah that certainly happens sometimes.

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:13 pm

Kijo!! I'm glad you're here! Sorry I disappeared, Jenni kinda hurt my feelings and I took an hour long shower to sulk like the baby I am. :' )

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:45 am

Veni Vidi Vici
ΔS

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:33 pm

It's amazing how calming a long shower can be!

<I guess you don't have water rationing where you are then!> :wink:

I had to poof to go grocery shopping...everyone has to eat.

Postby galled » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:19 pm

Welcome!

Happy to meet you! What kinds of drawings do you like to do?

I'm also curious about what alternative fashion is. I don't think I know what that is.

Enjoy your time here! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby murmurlade » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:09 am

Oh oh oh welcome!
Nice to hear you're passionate about makeup. Bet you could go on ages talkin about it? What kind of brands do you get in Cali? I'm mostly only familiar with korean makeup/skincare brands cos... yknow...Asia lol

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:45 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Kijo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:09 am

Shamrock Shamus It's okay Shamus!
I hope the shower helped you out!

Lemon Cheesecake I really enjoy grocery shopping with my man its one of the most fun things for us xD

galled Hello thank you!
I can do digital and traditional. I can also chibi and full body. I don't do many head shots or busts.
Sadly most of my skills are drawing woman. I'm terrible at men and tbh I shy away from them because they stress me out LOL whoops.

Alternative fashion is a wide subject. It can be things with rips, chains, leather, band t-shirts.
Or it can go further into Victorian era fashion.

murmurlade I'm actually so interested in asian skincare and make up tbh it's so different then here! We get a lot of different kinds of brands but I have noticed a couple that are the same its just a lot more rare. It also depends on if the make up artist is big enough that they can afford to buy the nice stuff.
I personally use a lot of the brand NYX, its inexpensive but the quality is like top tier.
I'd actually love talking more with you about this if you wouldn't mind!

Postby galled » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:35 pm

Kijo wrote:Hello thank you!
I can do digital and traditional. I can also chibi and full body. I don't do many head shots or busts.
Sadly most of my skills are drawing woman. I'm terrible at men and tbh I shy away from them because they stress me out LOL whoops.

Stress at drawing men, men in general, or both???! LOL :cheer:

Kijo wrote:Alternative fashion is a wide subject. It can be things with rips, chains, leather, band t-shirts.
Or it can go further into Victorian era fashion.

Ah, so you're saying anything that doesn't have a pre-existing category? Although, your examples sounds like grunge, I think you might mean modifications that alter things enough to not fit into one of the other fashion categories, perhaps?

I'm a big fan of the NHK World TV Show KAWAII INTERNATIONAL :heart: and the shear quantity of fashion styles over there in Japan is mind boggling! If you haven't seen it, I think they do a lot of what you're talking about.

Server Administrator

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon