New here? Introduce yourself!

New here ^^

Moderator: Ryvvi

New here ^^

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:24 am

Hello everyone nice to meet you.
Yes I am new here, I have been on avatar site before it just has been a long time.
So I just want to say sorry a head of time, it may take me a little while before I get the hang of things again. :heart:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 pm

05/27/2010 <3

Re: New here ^^

Postby Gingerale » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:33 am

Welcome to Windlyn!

By the reflective lake background it looks like you figured out the fishing, those are a little more rare so you were very lucky to get one right away! Fishing is every 8 hours.

Come and visit my newbie thread for a welcome gift, pick an item out and I will also give you some feathers to go shopping!

Right now we have an Easter egg hunt event going on - click on the easter eggs you find and they will give you an item you can't buy in the shops. They appear about every 20-30 minutes.

Do you have any pets? Hobbies? How are you making out with the self isolation/quarantine/lock down?

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:41 am

Gingerale wrote:Welcome to Windlyn!

By the reflective lake background it looks like you figured out the fishing, those are a little more rare so you were very lucky to get one right away! Fishing is every 8 hours.

Come and visit my newbie thread for a welcome gift, pick an item out and I will also give you some feathers to go shopping!

Right now we have an Easter egg hunt event going on - click on the easter eggs you find and they will give you an item you can't buy in the shops. They appear about every 20-30 minutes.

Do you have any pets? Hobbies? How are you making out with the self isolation/quarantine/lock down?

Thank you for the welcome, and yes I did find the fishing and gaming area.
Oh that's awesome I don't think I found any Easter eggs yet but I'll keep a look out for them.
I'll for sure look into your thread. :)
Yes I have to small dogs male and female, I love reading and writing and photography, I'm doing okay with isolation how are you doing with quarantine?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:59 am

So happy your journey has brought you to our lovely little world of Windlyn! We love adding to our Windlyn family!!

You get feathers for 3 scores per game per day and that is an easy way to accumulate feathers but posting is worth feathers as well (just not double posting)...

My game thread links are in my avatar's signature ( they appear on the first post of the page) so please come by...I have a charity thread and also a chance to win past backgrounds not available in the shops.

What kind of photography do you like to do? I have a fascination with taking pictures of flowers, birds and moon shots!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 pm

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:07 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:So happy your journey has brought you to our lovely little world of Windlyn! We love adding to our Windlyn family!!

You get feathers for 3 scores per game per day and that is an easy way to accumulate feathers but posting is worth feathers as well (just not double posting)...

My game thread links are in my avatar's signature ( they appear on the first post of the page) so please come by...I have a charity thread and also a chance to win past backgrounds not available in the shops.

What kind of photography do you like to do? I have a fascination with taking pictures of flowers, birds and moon shots!

Thank you for the welcome, and I love taking pictures of landscape, ive also done some photo shoots for friends and family. :grin:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:22 am

If you do photo shoots you are probably pretty good at photography then! I know a couple people who make side money from doing shoots....outside shoots usually not in doors...although with technology today you can use a green/blue screen and add your own backdrop later. My brothers take amazing landscape shots, professional quality, but they just do it for fun. I love how photography freezes that moment in time...its almost magical! :wink:

There is an informational support for newcomers on the forums page but you can always ask members as well if you need help navigating the site.

How old are your dogs? Are they purse size or bigger?

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:26 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:If you do photo shoots you are probably pretty good at photography then! I know a couple people who make side money from doing shoots....outside shoots usually not in doors...although with technology today you can use a green/blue screen and add your own backdrop later. My brothers take amazing landscape shots, professional quality, but they just do it for fun. I love how photography freezes that moment in time...its almost magical! :wink:

There is an informational support for newcomers on the forums page but you can always ask members as well if you need help navigating the site.

How old are your dogs? Are they purse size or bigger?

I am not to sure how good I am but they seem to like them, I just go for simple not to flashy.
My dogs are 8 and turning 7 and they are bigger than purse size but smaller then medium size dogs.

Postby galled » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:28 am

Welcome to Windlyn!

(BTW, I love your username--reminds me of a name Ian Flemming would write in one of his James Bond novels--I've been binge watching James Bond movies in lockdown!) :)

What kind of camera do you have? I suppose it's digital, but do you have a consumer type camera like us mere fiddlers have (I confess I use my cell almost exclusively these days--out of laziness/convenience and not taking pix of subjects I need to archive or display) or something more pro/serious like a DSLR or mirrorless? Do you edit your pictures with PhotoShop or similar?

Enjoy your time here! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:34 am

galled wrote:Welcome to Windlyn!

(BTW, I love your username--reminds me of a name Ian Flemming would write in one of his James Bond novels--I've been binge watching James Bond movies in lockdown!) :)

What kind of camera do you have? I suppose it's digital, but do you have a consumer type camera like us mere fiddlers have (I confess I use my cell almost exclusively these days--out of laziness/convenience and not taking pix of subjects I need to archive or display) or something more pro/serious like a DSLR or mirrorless? Do you edit your pictures with PhotoShop or similar?

Enjoy your time here! :)

Thank you for the welcome,
Thanks <3
I have a Nikon yes it is digital, I also like using my camera on my cell as well. I would love to get a more professional camera, but I'm also good with what I have, it's more of a hobby I like doing it because it makes me feel clam and in control. I only slightly edit my photos I like the more natural look.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:45 am

Maybe you might feel comfortable in sharing your photograp[hs?

Here is a link to my photo's of the moon and the recent lunar eclipses. Feel free to add your own if you like!

I also have another thread The world around us where I have posted some of my pictures.

Now I found there is a site where you can help track bees by uploading your photographs.

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:53 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Maybe you might feel comfortable in sharing your photograp[hs?

Here is a link to my photo's of the moon and the recent lunar eclipses. Feel free to add your own if you like!

I also have another thread The world around us where I have posted some of my pictures.

Now I found there is a site where you can help track bees by uploading your photographs.

I will look into your threads, and I think about maybe posing some of my photos on here but I'm not to sure I normally use Instagram or Facebook haha.

Postby Gingerale » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:55 am

Here is the link to the Easter 2020 items list.

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:57 am

Gingerale wrote:Here is the link to the Easter 2020 items list.

Thanks ^^

Postby Gingerale » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:06 pm

:cheer:

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:16 pm

Gingerale wrote::cheer:

:cheeky:

Next