Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

birthday present problems

Moderator: Ryvvi

birthday present problems

Postby Jackalopes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:18 pm

my mom's birthday is in a few days and i only have that time to paint something for her, but there's a problem here:
i have NO idea what to paint. :worry: if anyone is able to give suggestions, that would be great. or maybe even a different present idea? thanks!

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:56 am

may travels lead you to warm sands.

Re: birthday present problems

Postby galled » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:45 pm

I think the "best" presents are the ones that thought went into. The fact that you're thinking about it means to me that you'll have a great present not matter what you paint. Tell us about your mom; what does she like, like to do, seems to gravitate to, does she collect anything?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Jackalopes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:44 pm

galled as far as i'm concerned she really likes animals, traveling, old fashion rock, swimming, as well as she collects rocks/quartz. i got a ref of what i should paint (which is a snowy city), but i'm still not fully sure on the idea. do you have any landscapes, or maybe photos i could use as references?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:05 pm

If you have a Michael's or other craft store near you they have ceramic mugs, picture frames, ornaments etc (or wood of the latter)that you can paint on. Maybe for next year do your photo or a family pet photo on a mug or blanket. Costco, Shutterfly, Walmart etc process those but I think you are too late if her birthday is in a few days. You can get a little glass desk top avery for her to put her rock or quartz collection in (if she tends to collect them as she travels) and paint a snowy city on the frame of it). Paint a vase, that always comes out nice and sometimes you can just paint on an empty wine or olive oil bottle and make it into a vase.

Or paint/draw her some postcards: she can either send them or frame them...

Postby galled » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:49 pm

Sounds like you're leaning towards landscapes. Where would your mom oike to travel/favorite place traveled to?

Server Administrator

Postby Jackalopes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:52 pm

i'd like to inform you all i'm starting the painting, and so far i've already messed up and decided to make it a sunset type painting. wish me luck since i might need to pull an all nighter with it

Postby galled » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:59 pm

Good luck!

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:15 pm

so how did your birthday present for your mom turn out?

Postby Jackalopes » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:44 am

Lemon Cheesecake ah, well i think it turned out pretty good. i could've done a better job, but i haven't been motviated to paint, nor havent painted in months. :worry: i really hope she likes it, though!

Postby Jackalopes » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:15 am

update: her birthday was today and the gift was a success. thanks guys!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:40 am

I'm so glad!.... I am sure she felt appreciated and very touched that you made an extra effort to make her day special. I know not all cultures celebrate birthdays but to me they are like Christmas - one day of the year where people actually make an extra effort to show they care...and where the people having the birthday will actually accept the attention others want to bestow on them. And don't you feel good about making your Mom's heart happy?

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:19 am

sorry i didnt see this in time to help you with ideas! im glad it all went well though :smile:

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:56 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Return to Hinterland